Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My first Twitter solicitation! And other practical advice

A pretty cool thing happened to me recently: an education professional reached out and plugged his blog to me by Twitter!  I've dabbled with this social networking platform in the past, but it always seemed complicated and I wasn't standing on firm ground when it came to hashtags, who to follow or what to tweet about.  In the end it took an assignment with my Tech Ed class to pull me out of my shell, and so far it's been the finest!

I babble, and as I mentioned an educational professional reached out to me and it was a flattering experience.  Steve Reifman keeps a wonderful blog, it's full of very practical advice I will be taking into consideration as I progress toward a full time teaching job.  One useful snippet Reifman points out is the importance of being a proactive teacher when it comes to parent communication.  In his post on parent-teacher communication, Reifman details the pitfalls of not conveying information to parents, which can be nasty phone calls and general unpleasantness all because of miscommunication.  In the end it only takes sending a flyer home, or maybe even a post on the class blog.


I can't think of a creative way to attach a visual to this blog post, so here's a photo of my grandmother holding my dog as a puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment